Oops! You do not have access to these sessions.
DISCOVER what's inside
WORLD SPEED SUMMIT 1...
Avoiding 3 Key Mistakes Young Coaches Make
- Why you should NEVER outsource problems
- The grievous error former athletes make when they become coaches!
- How NOT to use sleds in your program
The Concurrent Program: Mastering the 400m
- The one thing to focus on that is the KEY to 400m success
- Why doing this type of workout with young athletes is borderline "abuse"
- "The best kind of endurance to develop is..." (you won't guess it!)
Resisted and Assisted Sprinting
- The "Three L's" you must consider when using resisted sprints
- Why the "10% body weight rule" for sleds does not always make sense
- The exact type of speed work that football, soccer, and rugby players should do!
Deskbound: What Your Athletes Do During Non-Training Hours
- Why you should cut 90% of optional sitting out of your life...and how to do it
- What every athlete should "train" all day, every day - even outside regular training hours
- The $1 self-therapy tool any athlete can use on themselves, and guidelines for use
Plyometrics For Speed Athletes
- The most dangerous plyometric exercise - and how to do it safely!
- The number ONE error athletes make when doing hurdle hops (most mess this up)
- The most overlooked type of plyometric exercise for speed
Nutrition and Mindset
- The three mindset changes you should adopt to promote lasting success
- If always excessively hungry, you may need to address this one issue
- The problem with quantifying and gameifying exercise, nutrition and performance
Mastering Lifelong Speed Training
- The most important supplement Jimson takes and recommends
- The two boring (but effective) vitamins that can indirectly boost performance
- Three trace minerals you should blood test for
Developing Speed and Explosion in Youth Athletes
- Hear Mike how developed his daughter Hannah from childhood into an elite 10.99 100m sprinter
- The ONE key performance metric that Mike bases all his training around
- The key body part that unlocks MAJOR performance boosts
Measuring Improvement in Speed Athletes
- When (and when NOT to) use video to track athlete progress
- The easiest speed measure to get using just your smartphone
- The quick and easy way to measure stride length (no measuring tape needed!)
Fixing The 40 Yard Dash
- Why his athletes never lift "maximally"- even NFL players!
- The reason you can get major speed improvements with very little lifting
- Why you should stop thinking about the poundage being lifted, and what you should focus on instead
Skyrocket Athlete Success with Sports Psychology
- How to best integrate mental preparation into your program without adding to practice time
- How to fix the key mental error almost every high school athlete (and many elites) make
- The sports psychology "trick" to use 24 hours before a big competition to skyrocket performance
Recover Fast, Run Faster!
- When athletes should and should NOT use ice baths (you're probably overdoing them!)
- The 2,000+ year old regeneration technique that every athlete should try
- Why static stretching does NOT hurt performance- if you follow this ONE key rule
Attracting Talent to Your Speed Power Program
- How to make athletes faster in 35 minutes per day and only three workouts per week
- Why training athletes for "mental toughness" is a total waste of time
- How have great 400m sprinters without EVER running over 200m in practice!
Creating A Winning Track Team Culture
- The "underselling" approach that keeps high school athletes excited about sprinting fast
- Three ways to quickly develop trust with new athletes
- The "Jim Schmuck" approach to attracting talented athletes into your program
The Athlete's Guide To Navigating the NCAA System
- The biggest positives and negatives of choosing the NCAA route
- The staff member few athletes interview on school visits (this is a mistake)
- A checklist for selecting a school by athletic criteria
Realities of Working Internationally in Sports Performance
- The biggest positives and greatest challenges of working internationally
- A guide to gaining the acceptance and trust of local sport coaches
- The WORST way of trying to change a tradition-bound coach's mind!